Our History


Benefits working with ChesCo

Chilime Engineering and Services Company Ltd. (ChesCo)was established on September 27, 2016, to give complete engineering and services for Hydropower Project Development in Nepal. The company is initiated and invested by Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (CHPCL) as a pre-dominant share-holder and contains 100% ownership of CHPCL.

Chilime Hydropower Company Limited (Chilime) was incorporated in 1995 to achieve hydroelectricity generation through optimal utilization of resources within the country. Nepal Electricity Authority (NEA) holds majority ownership with 51% shareholding. The remaining 49% shareholding is from the general public including 10% equity ownership of local people.
Chilime owns and operates a 22.1 MW power plant commissioned on August 25, 2003, and is located in the Rasuwa district, 133 km north of the capital city Kathmandu. It sells bulk electricity to NEA at the long-term PPA price. The annual energy generation from the plant is about 150 GWh.

Chilime has established the following three subsidiaries:
1. Rasuwagadhi Hydropower Company Limited.
2. Madhya Bhotekoshi Jalavidhyut Company Limited.
3. Sanjen Jalavidhyut Company Limited.
4. Chilime Engineering and Services Company Limited.

Chilime, through its three subsidiaries, is developing four hydropower projects with an aggregate capacity of 270.3 MW.

ChesCo’s main motive is to develop skilled human resources and give complete hydropower solutions for the sustainable hydropower development.